Sponsorship Search Continues...

Corporate sponsorship info

Moderator: IARCadmin

patrick

Sponsorship Search Continues...

Post by patrick » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:34 pm

I have a working machine capable of stable hovering flight, but I have no sponsors. This economy in northern California is just terrible. Its really hard to get any of the companies involved in either civilian or martial drone use to respond to inquiry, much less contribute anything. And without the 1,000 US$ entry fee, Im not sure its even worth becoming official, though I do plan to attend and fly in August 2014.

Ive noticed very few current teams, and even fewer have the entry fee paid. We only have one month left for official registration.

ill be posting video and links to my heavy tri-copter soon.

-Patrick
Patrick Coleman

IARC Organizer

Re: Sponsorship Search Continues...

Post by IARC Organizer » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:04 am

Patrick,

Don't be fooled by the list of "official teams". I get correspondence from teams every few days asking questions and indicating that they are working the mission at home. I'll send out another notice soon as a reminder that the registration deadline is approaching.

Regarding sponsors, they usually fall into one of three categories: university sponsorship, industrial sponsorship, and professional society sponsorship. Local IEEE chapters have been good sponsors for teams in the past.

Having met you in the past during Mission 6, I know that you are an "outgoing" person, so you should have no trouble approaching people. Check out this link: http://aerospace.regionaldirectory.us/california.htm It shows around 50 aerospace companies in California which you can approach (contact info provided at this link). You will have to have a slick confident presentation, but be sure to try to showcase some of their products in your entry so as you are successful, they receive some free PR.