VABS developed at Georgia Tech ...

Technical questions about air vehicle design

Moderator: IARCadmin

VABS developed at Georgia Tech ...

Post by patrick » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:28 pm

Professor Michelson,

My machine: Angel Strike 6, ( Gen 4, Ver 4, Mod 50, Type 2, Rev D. ) Serial: 04221401 , is fully airworthy, though it lacks all sensory and autonomy. Another 3 are being built too. It incorporates everything learned (including what not to do) from 2011, 2012, and 2013. Do to lack of funding, Ill be skipping 2014, but making a full force effort for 2015. This decision gives me more than a year to develop sensors and decision making of real quality.

But there is a new technology called "VABS", we'd like to look at it, Im not sure if you can help us make contact or not with the developers. Id like to start looking at less lethal, more efficient props then the typical heli and multi-rotor props.

"As an alternative approach, engineers may wish to consider trying the VABS software for modeling very complex composite rotor blades. Developed at Georgia Tech and Utah State University, VABS is capable of quickly and rigorously decoupling an original 3D slender solid with complex microstructure (sophisticated cross-section with or without spanwise heterogeneity) into a simple engineering beam model. VABS (Variational Asymptotical Beam Sectional Analysis), is a unique tool capable of realistic modeling of initially curved and twisted anisotropic beams with arbitrary sectional topology and materials."
We've been told to look at "AnalySwift" company, Im trying to contact them directly too.

Thank You,
Patrick Coleman
Patrick Coleman

Site Admin

Re: VABS developed at Georgia Tech ...

Post by IARCadmin » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:45 am

I would take a look at and contact Prof. Hodges for more information on VABS.

IARC Webmaster